The Cold or Wet Storage Specialist
• At critical low temperature, polyurethane can reach its glass transition point and the hardness + brittleness increase exponentially.
• Most Polyurethanes have a relatively high glass transition temperature and many cold storage facilities maintain temperatures approaching this level.
• Usually, a benefit of a typical polyurethane is low heat buildup - in this application it is a hindrance.
• As the Polyurethane reaches the glass transition temperature it will harden - causing the truck to lose traction and spin, increase the braking distance and accelerating chunking.
• Use Specialty Polyurethane that has a significantly lower glass transition temperature.
• Cushothane® EZ™ 85A is our compound of choice in this application for both tires & load wheels.